Monday, June 15, 2015

Front Porch Cookin'


This past week I have finally moved into my first apartment here in Athens, Ohio. Besides the many luxuries of living in your own  apartment (shared with awesome roommates), I am most excited about having a kitchen and not the restriction of  a dining hall meal plan. On the way down to Athens from Cleveland, my mom and I made a pit stop  at a local plant market in Marietta, Ohio where I picked out jalapeno and basil plants to grace my front porch. Despite how hectic my week began by jumping into the start of two jobs and an internship, I found the time to spoil myself with the help of my new friends jalapeno and basil.
With leftover noodles I brought home from Thailand, I made myself spaghetti using an organic tomato basil sauce, fresh basil & jalapeno from my plants, accompanied with some garlic bread-- feels good to be back in action!

1 comment: