Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Stirring it up!


Last night I felt like mixing it up and adding a little Asian zing to my week, so I decided to make stir fry for the first time ever. I've never attempted to make it because I truly believe nothing comes close to the stir fry dish my mom made in the wok growing up. Although I wasn't able to velvet my chicken (how chicken is normally cooked for stir fry in boiling water), it turned out to be quite a success. 

1) heated up the wok with oil
2) cracked an egg into the wok and let it cook for a few seconds
3) steamed an Asian medley consisting of broccoli, snow peas, carrot, & baby corn
4) added brown rice
5) sauteed chicken with a stir fry sauce, soy sauce, and sriracha
6) mixed it all up!

I was bummed that I didn't have pineapple or water chestnuts because those are my favorite additions to stir fry. Looking forward to my next attempt! 

Stay tuned...

-Kyra


No comments:

Post a Comment