Monday, June 15, 2015

My Food Frenzy



I grew up in a household where new and wonderful fumes constantly bombarded my nose, and where testing unfamiliar tastes was quite common. For as long as I can remember, I have loved cooking & food so relentlessly. For this, I have my mother to thank (and blame). My mother's passion as a pastry chef and a cook has evolved and spurred my passion for it as well. After years of observing, asking questions, and nagging my mother about her cooking techniques, I like to think I've adopted her cooking touch. On the other spectrum, my father has always had such immense passion for photography, and spent endless moments of his time capturing memories of my childhood behind a lens. Therefore, I've always felt connected to pictures and the sentiment attached to them. So, what's the connection here? For those of you who know me  (and know me well ), I have quite an obsession with taking pictures of food. Though to some people it may seem like such an odd concept, I truly love having the ability to "savor the flavor" and hold onto memories through pictures of my food extravaganzas. I have compiled hundreds of pictures of meals I've made with my family, meals I've cooked with my friends, food from abroad, and food that has simply blown my mind. Besides keeping pictures for my own liking, I enjoy sharing with people who appreciate them just as much. If you are one of those people I hope you enjoy.
Bon Appetit! - Kyra


1 comment:

  1. Kyra-you have laid out quite a feast for the eyes here in your blog! I hope you will continue to treat all of us to your cooking conquests. Your photos reflect an interest I have seen in you that was inspired by your Dad. That is great! I'm also pleased that you have inherited a love of cooking! Even on the worst day it will cheer you up and make you LOTS of friends!! Cheers darling!

    ReplyDelete