Monday, June 15, 2015

A Taste of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia



During the month of May I was fortunate enough to travel abroad to Cambodia, Malaysia, and Thailand with the Global Leadership Program at Ohio University. After returning from my trip, the most frequent question I've been asked is "what was your favorite dish you ate in Asia?"  Luckily, since I took pictures of every damn thing that I ate, I was able to quickly decide. Out of all three countries, my palate fell in love with the kick and spice of malaysian foods. In Cambodia, I was unable to fully satisfy myself with the level of spicy I normally make my food (which is super, super, spicy). When I was in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, two friends and  I ventured our way to the Chinatown that was just a few minutes away from our hostel. Since we were unsuccessful in locating a specific food vendor serving the famous malay dish "laksa"-- a spicy noodle dish- we came across a mother and a son next door who were cooking a variety of soup dishes. My dish contained homemade noodles, cabbage, dried fish, fish cakes, and pork. I wanted this to last forever. Though my spicy ego won't admit it, the spices in here sent me off to chug a bottle of water! This huge portion cost me $1 USD, and they even put my leftovers in a ziplock bag for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment